Position Open in DOE Fusion Office
January 12, 2021
The Fusion Energy Sciences (FES) program in the Office of Science, U.S.
Department of Energy, is seeking qualified candidates for an
interdisciplinary General Engineer/Physical Scientist position in the
FES Research Division. The incumbent will manage the FES public-private
partnership programs and other related activities.
The person will:
- Serve as a recognized authority on all matters related to the
establishment of partnerships with the private sector, including
domestic or international companies pursuing various fusion reactor
concepts, as well as companies or industries that develop components,
subsystems, or other research or technology capabilities relevant to the
development of fusion energy.
- Plan, organize, and manage programs/projects of outstanding scope,
difficulty and complexity within areas of responsibility that enable
accomplishment of vital agency missions and goals.
- Identify and analyze the technical needs of engineering and/or
scientific programs, recommend and oversee appropriate technology
development to enable or improve program execution.
- Provide authoritative consultation, advice, technical input,
analyses and recommendation to the highest levels of management within
and outside of DOE on matters of exceptional importance.
- Determine funding levels, prepare and justify program budgets,
tracking performance and milestones, and implement adjustments to
engineer and scientific programs as required.
- May act as a contracting officer representative to determine the
acceptability of work performed by contractors.
- Serve as spokesperson for and represent the DOE in high level
meetings and on interagency and technical committees at the national and
Here is a direct link to the job posting in USAJobs:
The position closes on Friday, January 22.